Welcome everybody to my zone...this is a place where i will share my life , my happiness , my sadness or anything else that is there for me to share...

Categories

Friday, September 4, 2009

First ‘Girl Friends’

I am confused, bewildered, not knowing what to do? I have never felt in my life like this before. This girl, I don’t know what she is doing to me? I have to do something, I needed to talk to her but I just couldn’t talk, whenever she is in front of me, my brain cells expire and I am a dumbass.

I had to tell somebody so I talked with sandy about it.

“Bro, don’t tell me you like arhenika”, to say that he was shocked will be an understatement.

Arhenika as I had told earlier was not the typical girl you would have crush on first look or somewhat, she had a sense of seraphicness about her which had just been visible to me and everybody else would have never thought that I , of all people will fell for her.

“I don’t know, I think I do”.

“Ok, no worries see dude you have to talk to her first and knowing you who haven’t talked to a girl unless avoidable it is tough”

Yeah it was, I can do anything under the sun but talking to girls was just not my cup of tea.

“I will introduce to you Hritika; she is a good friend of arhenika and may be something can be pulled off from there”

So Hritika was to be my first friend among girls. Hritika is a girl, ahem, she is kind of tomboy, hangs out with guys more often than girls and shows quite lot of class and attitude, sophistication stuff you know.

Hritika was the first and later on Supreet and Anjali were to join my gang of girl ‘friends’ only person missing was arhenika.
We use to eat together in the lunch time and I just used to smile and look at her.

These girls were trying hard but I was just not able to say anything to her.

I even bought a slam book and no prizes for guessing who the first entry in that was.

“26 November”

“Yes it’s her birthday and what are you planning to do”, Hritika asked.

“Wish her; what else am I supposed to do?”

“Stupid, duffer you will just score good in exams, you don’t use your brains in anything else, do you?”

These were the words that were trademark of Hritika and I was on the receiving end of them most of the times.

“See card is a must and get her a gift, think of something and get it”

After roaming a number of Archie’s galleries, Hallmarks, finally I got a card which I liked and along with that bought a set of 10 cards on which birthday thoughts were written. Safe gift considering that I haven’t even had a full hearted talk with her ever

Finally the D-day arrived.

“It’s already 8, hasn’t she come to school yet”

“Calm down man, there is still 15 minutes to go, she will come just calm down” Sandy reassured me.

The wait was getting nerve wrenching for me, never had I given a gift to a girl and now for the first time I am starting with a girl I have a crush upon.

“Thank god, you are here. Where is the birthday girl?” as I saw Anjali.

“She is not coming today; she had to go to Delhi to attend some function” Anjali shot back.

Anjali was the oldest of our lot, at least she looked and sounded like that, quite mature and calm complete contrast of our teenage like chirping and all and she does not know about my crush on arhenika yet. Only sandy and Hritika are aware of it.

“What? Don’t tell me”

I was broken, this can’t happen to me. First time I have thought of doing something and it has failed like this. I am never gonna do anything for her again. She at least could have told earlier. No No No.

Hritika tried consoling me “ Never mind Aadu (that’s one of my nicknames) she will come back in 2 days time , you can give gifts then”.

But I was not listening, I know the importance of the d-day and I won’t be able to wish the special one in my life on her special day. It was to haunt me till the time I met her after two days.

She did come back after two days and I gave her the card and the gift. It was a pleasant surprise for her as she had not expected a shy , soft spoken guy(this was written by her in my slam book) to gift her with them.

“Why are these for?”

“It’s for your birthday”

“Yeah but why me?”

Why do girls ask so many questions?

“You are a good friend of mine and I just thought it will be nice to give you something on your birthday” I gathered some courage to say that.

“Thanks but I cannot take this gift, I will take the card but not the gift”

I relented and after some pushing by Hritika, supreet and me she finally kept it .

“Bye, see you tomorrow” she smiled and waved as her auto rickshaw sped away.

Tomorrow: what does it beholds, I was unlucky in not wishing her but then lucky enough in giving her what I have got for her. I hope tomorrow brings a new color of happiness in my life………

No comments:

Get Ready to Roll with Peengu