Welcome everybody to my zone...this is a place where i will share my life , my happiness , my sadness or anything else that is there for me to share...

Categories

Friday, September 4, 2009

Exams and the Aftermath

Why do we have exams?????

It's the Mid-year exams and everybody is busy preparing for them.

I am least worried though and my life is going on as normal, talking and chit chatting while the lectures are going on.

Well if you are thinking why am i not having even a blink of concern about exams is becuase i am a night bird, the ullu as they call it, i can roam the whole day away wasting time but at night time its me and my studies.

Coming back to the class, we had a new team of monitors , a girl named Arhenika khanna - the no nonsense , completely studious , shy , introvert and serious girl (completely opposite to what i am) and another boy Duggal- 6 ft bouncer.

Now as i am the most chirpy and talkative boy in the class, it's the moral duty of our girl monitor to write my name on the blackboard because of which i had to face the grunt of the teachers many a times.

Exams came and there was a scare in some of the papers but overall they went well.

Meanwhile i was getting frustrated of seeing my name everytime on the board and had to persuade duggal to rub it off so as to save myself.

i don't know whats the problem of arhenika, "Main hee milta hun kya har time ; kisi aur ka bhee naam likh do" is what i used to shout but she never relented.

Few Days passed and now it was the time of the results.

"You Rascal, Where's the treat?" shouted Sameer.

"Why what happened" I retorted. Sameer is one of my classmates who only wants to eat all the time and is never shy of asking for parties and treats. He once asked a treat from one of the girls on she wearing a new hairband. Ahem !!!

"You have topped dude, for the first time you have beaten Sandy. This is something huge and i am coming to your place in the evening".

"Holy Cow. How did that happen? Let me confirm and then we will decide the treat" as i ran towards the notice board where the result was displayed.

Indeed i had topped with maximum marks in mathematics (My Fav) and what came as a surprise to me was me getting highest marks in chemistry.

Our Class teacher Mrs Neelima used to teach us chemistry and in a single day i had turned from a constant nagger to THE CLASS TOPPER in her eyes.

The look of disdain and indifference that she used to give me earlier while seeing my name on the board , now turned into appreciation and admiration and i was to be rewarded for it.

And What was the reward?????

"We are going to change the monitors for the class now, Arhenika will be replaced by Mrinalini and Duggal will be replaced by Arhan" Mrs Neelima said after the appreciation.

Arhan- Arhan arora thats me , you must be kidding right? Its like giving the job of inspector to the most coveted thief but it was to be and i was now incharge of handling all the chaos which inevitably 9 out of 10 times was due to me.

I was finding it tough to be honest, telling people not to talk was quite embarassing considering my past records.

"We are having a Parent Teacher Meeting on Saturday the 20th Oct, everybody has to come along with their parents and don't take me lightly , its complulsory for everyone and i mean everyone" Mrs Neelima announced which felt more like an order.

She can be very strict at times and its better not to mess with her.

"Why it is compluslory yaar? My parents come to school only when the new academic session starts and now i have to get them on saturday" I was cribbing again.

"Dude you know neelima , she will be really angry if you are not coming with your parents, and bring them yaar , they will feel good , finally you have beaten me , Ha Ha" , Sandy went into laughter after saying this.

Though Sandy and me always use to compete for positions we were the best of friends since last 6 years and for the first time Sandy had came second in any type of exam, but still he was cool as he said only you can beat me no one else.

It helps being around with true friends especially since Ravi , my mate , my brother and my best friend from 10 years had to change the school.

Its time to convince mom now for the PTM.

About my family i am the younger of the two brothers. My mom is a housewife and my dad is a textile dealer ; the major profession in ludhiana, Yes i am from ludhiana ,a Punjabi.


20 Oct
Parent Teacher Meeting

... A day i today wish that should never had come but no one can stop destiny.......Can we???

No comments:

Get Ready to Roll with Peengu